DRY TYPE TRANSFORMERS
Built to satisfy the most stringent requirements in terms of safety and reliability, and flexible in design to meet individual customer’s specifications, the installation of transformers inside buildings requires a product with minimum practical fire hazard to person and property.
Our dry type non encapsulated transformers provide you with an engineering solution where liquid filled transformers are not acceptable or viable.
The insulation of the fire retardant dry transformer is based on Du pont’s NOMEX aramid paper which neither melts nor supports combustion and is also self-extinguishing. The stability of the aramid molecular structure is responsible for most of the outstanding characteristics of NOMEX aramid products, (for example)
- Has excellent high temperature resistance
- Retains useful electrical and mechanical properties for long periods at temperatures above melting point of nylon and polyester.
- Retains it’s electrical and mechanical properties in high humidity environments
- Is generally insoluble, compatible with industrial oils and varnishes and resistant to chemical and radioactive degradation.
- Long term thermal stability.
Environmental considerations make the dry type non encapsulated transformers the logical choice as they do not contain any polluting liquids or toxic materials whether the transformer is located indoors in an IP21/31 cubicle or outside in an IP54 sealed tank.
Resistant to higher operating and surrounding temperature conditions than other non fluid type transformers, the dry transformer can be installed close to the load with confidence. Such applications include:
- Steel industry
- Sea laden vessels
- Electricity distribution in factories and office blocks
Our range of fire retardant dry type transformers include up to 4,000 kVA and up to 11,000 volts.